Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday Blog Hop




I don't have much to give away, but I can offer a copy of my first novel a NA historical romance "Kiya: Hope of the Pharaoh" when it comes out. Call it an IOU. I will choose it randomly from the comments. I'll put all the names in a hat.... the old school way!

Being Australian, I haven't really experienced much in the way of Black Friday. My first year living in the US I didn't even know it existed, and my second year I wondered why so many of my friends were talking about going to Walmart at midnight and waiting in line until 3am! I had also given birth about a week earlier so hitting the stores was not on the top of my "To-do" list.
Last year thought, my family was over for my little girl's first birthday. My sister came along too and seeing all the great bargains advertised she decided to combine it with an awesome exchange rate and spend some money. So, we went to Walmart at 10pm, managed to avoid a fight which had a gun involved, and she bought a few items she wanted.
Then we had to wait for the other stores to open at midnight. We hit Jack-in-the-box for a sugar boost, and chilled out until we decided it was time to jump in a line. Lines are definitely the main event on Black Friday. Once we were in the store, she only took a few minutes to pick some things out, but then we were in another line for about two hours. By the end I was about to pass out, being an old fart now I have a kid, so we headed home so I could get a few hours sleep before my child woke me.
I think I'll just stick to online Black Friday sales for a while.

37 comments:

  1. I've stayed home for Black Friday for many years now.
    bituin76 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for participating - I don't even contemplate the crowds
    glhince (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the post!

    verusbognar (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Black Friday! Thanks for the chance to win some great prizes!
    I'm an online shopper and perfer not to deal with the crowds!
    kacidesigns AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep same here. I'll stick with online black Friday shopping like usual.

    Thanks!

    jinni_james@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don`t have Black Friday sales here (I`m an international reader), so I`m just attending giveaways like this one,lol.


    dita(dot)skarste(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still waiting to find out what Cyber monday is all about!

    sherrygloag @ gmail .com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all sounds rather hectic to me. Thank goodness we don't do black friday in NZ.

    aldreaalien[at]yahoo[dot]co[dot]nz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I skipped Black Friday shopping this year.

    Jennifer Rote
    wildnmild4u at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the giveaway IOU!

    melhalp at msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kept my self home and actually shot out to apply for a job.

    brbalwayATyahooDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the giveaway.

    kareninnc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the awesome giveaway!
    cassandrahicks1989@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely prefer the online Black Friday sales and Cyber Monday. Too many people out for me to want to shop!

    Thanks for being a part of the hop and congratulations on your upcoming release.

    Happy Holidays,
    Marlena
    charmedpoms(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I sent the hubby shopping so I could work.I am glad to have found you on this blog hop and look forward to reading your works. Kim86004(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't do Black Friday shopping (unless it's online) - I don't have the patience or the stamina for the lines and the crowds. Happy Holidays and thank you for the opportunity to win some great prizes. cfierstein@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! Happy Holidays to you! No, im not a shopper on black friday. I hate crowds. I like to stay home, spend time with my family and eat leftovers. :) Thanks for the awesome hop and giveaway! Best wishes and many blessings to you!
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I shop online. That way I can stay home and eat chocolate and be warm.

    charraddon (at) pobox (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm avoiding those crowds and sticking to the web. ;) Thanks for the great giveaway!

    fancie @ live . com

    ReplyDelete
  20. no BF shopping

    Thanks for participating.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm staying home to read & discover some more authors thru the blog hop...
    No BF shopping for me.....ktyler13@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. i went to my local shopping mall for a gift card giveaway angelwolfmystic@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lol ~ I know how you feel. I can grab what I want in 1 minute. But then I have to wait in check out for 1 hour. *sigh* But, man, it's worth it, I swear! xD Love BF shopping~ Thank you for the lovely giveaway~

    MostlyMisha [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I shop online.

    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I shop from home, I have a hard time dealing with rude people and lines. Makes me what to start drop kicking people (just the rude ones). Thx for the hop stop.

    blinkysthebest at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOL, I know I rather do my shopping online.

    vampiremistress2010(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just LOVE my friends and fans from down under! Aussies are the best! I've only been there once, and it was for 3 weeks back in '97! We flew into Sydney and then went up to Cairns and out to Ayers Rock - LOVED it!
    ANYWAY!!!! Get a sec,' pop over to #23 an visit! Happy Holidays!
    xo cindy writeoncindy@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I prefer to shop online. :D brendem7@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don’t go out on Black Friday, but I do order online. Thanks for the giveaway.
    Marlene Breakfield
    marlenebreakfield(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I don't do Black Friday sales. The deals are usually not worth all the hassle, especially since I'm not the type to stand out in the cold for hours waiting for the store to open.

    purple975@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for the blog giveaway :)

    eliseandtegan@gmail.com

    Love shopping BF with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I do like to shop on Black Friday, but the last few years I have found better sales, No lines, No rude people, and free shipping on Cyber Monday.

    angelheart618@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I avoided the crowds at the mall today and went to the movies instead. Thanks for being in the hop!

    jochibi AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I don't shop on Black Friday, it's too crowded.

    Morganlafey86(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I haven't ever tried to shop BF, but may try the online sales next year :) Thanks for being a part of the hop!
    oddball2003 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for the hop!

    bacchus76 at myself dot com

    ReplyDelete