Monday, September 11, 2017

Son of a Pitch Round ONE!



ROUND ONE!


A chance to refine your query and first 250 words. Post your query and 250 words on your blog then leave a direct link in the comments below. Please leave feedback on the author's blog, and for a minimum of three other queries and first 250. 

All feedback left in the comments below will be deleted.

***You don't have to participate in this round to join Round 2, but it is highly recommended to get that extra polish before the voting round.***

GOOD LUCK!






Want to see my query that won me my first book deal? Well, here it is!

To save her younger sisters from being taken to the cruel life of the palace, Naomi intervenes and gives herself to be a wife of the erratic Pharaoh. She is the oldest daughter of the direct line of Israel, and as her father's favorite child, she is well-educated and knows she is the closest thing her people have to a princess.

In the palace, Naomi finds herself thrust into the intrigues of the royal family. She is savvy and bright, so the Great Queen Nefertiti perceives Naomi to be her greatest threat. But Naomi refuses to submit to Nefertiti’s physical and emotional abuse. Naomi becomes beloved by the Pharaoh, who declares that she will bear him his heir. Nefertiti, furious with jealousy, schemes to destroy Naomi and even brings her fidelity into question, which could cost Naomi her very life.

Naomi must play the deadly game carefully. She is in a silent battle of wills, and a struggle for who will one day inherit the crown. And when she does bear an heir, she must fight to protect him as well as herself from Nefertiti who is out for blood.

21 comments:

  1. Yayyy! Son of a Pitch is back!

    Here's my entry for round one :)

    https://rrcampbellwrites.com/2017/09/11/son-of-a-pitch-is-back/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I almost missed this! Here's my query and first page

    http://elisastryker1.blogspot.com/2017/09/sonofapitch-query-1st-page-immunity.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again and (sigh) correct link.

    https://jayperin.wordpress.com/2017/09/11/first-blog-post/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds cool and I love the sound of your book (I'm obsessed with ancient Egypt)

    Here's my link:
    https://rachelthijssen.blogspot.nl/2017/09/sonofapitch-query-and-first-page.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, all! Here's my link:
    https://jrcreaden.wordpress.com/son-of-a-pitch-sub/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your work in getting this contest together!

    Here's my entry, and good luck to everyone!

    https://dickgrimmauthor.blogspot.com/2017/09/son-of-pitch-round-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. YA Contemporary: http://brookelinville.com/son-of-a-pitch/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad I found out about this in time! Here's my entry:

    http://www.lunsfordmichael.com/?p=467

    Good luck to all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for hosting! I am looking forward to learning from everyone's queries. Feel free to check mine out and leave me feedback!

    https://davidneunerauthorblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm torn between entries, so I will post links to both, but since they are so different, I'll post the genre & anyone willing to take a look at either can choose the genre that appeals to them more. I do plan on hitting up as many folks as I can with feedback, but will do at least six.

    Genre: YA Dark Fantasy/Horror
    http://www.darknovelist.com/son-of-a-pitch/

    Genre: Adult Contemporary (Drama-Comedy) with a non-traditional query approach
    http://www.darknovelist.com/son-of-a-pitch-alt-2-liked/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for hosting! Here's mine!

    https://vepalomabooks.blogspot.com/2017/09/son-of-pitch-round-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for any feedback!

    https://kimberlyhayle.com/2017/09/12/son-of-a-pitch/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank for hosting :D

    Here's my post: https://lyricshard.blogspot.com/2017/09/sonofapitch-query-and-first-page.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting as well! I hope it's not too late (?) Here's my post: http://phoebenlow.weebly.com/le-blog/sonofapitch

      Delete
  16. Thank you for this opportunity! I hope I'm not too late.

    http://morganhazelwood.com/2017/09/14/son-of-a-pitch-flesh-and-ink/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks!

    https://www.wattpad.com/469740937-saving-hamlet-son-of-a-pitch-query-and-first-250

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for having this. Here's mine: http://wp.me/p7q9qL-od

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a question. Have read in several comments that "bio and comps are not allowed" - can someone point me to the rules so I don't mess up any more than I already have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://kjhstories.blogspot.com/2017/08/announcement-son-of-pitch-is-magic.html It was a post in August that Son of a Pitch is Magic - gives all the rules

      Delete