Monday, February 15, 2016

Son of a Pitch Round 1: Peer Critique Week


Welcome to the first round of Son of a Pitch! This week is all about getting feedback so you can be on your A game. Use the formatting below, and leave a link to your entry in the comments. And please jump around to the other links to leave feedback to at least three others. Your perspective could be invaluable to someone.

***Note: Participation in this round isn't a prerequisite to the rest of the comp, but it will give you an edge in the next few rounds.***

***Please do not leave replies in the comments. The comments are for links only at this point. If you wish to say something, go to the link provided and comment there. Thank you!***

Formatting:
Title: (Name of Manuscript)
Age and Genre: (YA/NA/Adult then Genre)
Word Count: (to the nearest thousand)

Query:
Insert query here. No bio please.

First 250 Words:
i don't care if this is from a prologue or chapter one. That's up to you.

Entries for the next round will open on Friday at 10 a.m. MST. Please use the formatting above and email to:

sonofapitchcomp@yahoo.com.au

Incorrectly formatted emails will be kicked off the island. The first fifty entries will go into this round. A post will go live at that time, and will show CLOSED once all fifty places are filled. Those who make it through will receive a confirmation email.

Good luck!

59 comments:

  1. Good morning! This is for The Quester, YA Science Fiction. Thanks to all!

    https://kariley40.wordpress.com/2016/02/13/son-of-a-pitch-the-quester/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. Good morning :) Here is my entry for Darkest Rendezvous, an Adult Historic Paranormal Romance. Good luck everyone!
    http://noemibetancourtnov.wix.com/noemi-betancourt#!Son-of-a-pitch-The-joys-of-writing/c1q8z/56c1481c0cf2ccb6be48517c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noemi, I can't figure out how to leave feedback on your blog post.

      Delete
    2. Hi, sorry I just realized you can't. I'm still trying to figure out how to work it but for now if you go to my blog page I've added a comment section. Let me know if you have any more problems :)
      http://noemibetancourtnov.wix.com/noemi-betancourt#!blog/c112v

      Delete
    3. Sorry everyone. Apparently Wix doesn't have the option of allowing guests to post comments on individual blog posts for some reason :-p So, I've copied the blog post to my front page with a comments box underneath. You shouldn't need to log in to anything so feedback should be much easier. Thanks for your patience while I try to figure out how to interwebz ;)
      http://noemibetancourtnov.wix.com/noemi-betancourt

      Delete
  3. Good morning everyone :) Here is the link to my peer critique for my Adult Science Fiction story, The Aldar Dominion. Thanks in advance, and good luck guys!

    http://katherinebogle.com/2016/02/15/son-of-a-pitch-peer-critique-the-aldar-dominion/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  4. This pitch is for The Last Dreamer, upper MG crossworlds fantasy. Thank you all for your time!

    https://createandcompose.wordpress.com/2016/02/15/son-of-a-pitch-entry/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  5. This is my first pitch, so I'm pretty excited to get your feedback, everyone! This is my WF novel, Always the Moon. Thank you so much, and I can't wait to look at yours!

    https://wordpress.com/post/danamichelle1.wordpress.com/31

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. Here is the link: https://danamichelle1.wordpress.com/2016/02/11/always-the-moon/

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck to everyone entering this exciting contest! My pitch is for a Regency Romance, "Handsome is as Handsome Does". I look forward to seeing a lot more entries as time goes on!
    http://regencywritings.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/another-throw-of-dice.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  8. Here's my pitch for this contest. This is an eco-thriller titled "Venom". Happy reading and commenting. https://wordpress.com/post/kristenswritingendeavors.wordpress.com/2309

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. Here is the link for this: https://kristenswritingendeavors.wordpress.com/2016/02/15/son-of-a-pitch-blog-entry/

      Delete
    4. Hi Kristen, I think the link you provided doesn't work. I used just the kristenswritingendeavors.wordpress.com part and found it, but just for people's reference, I'm posting the proper link to your entry: https://kristenswritingendeavors.wordpress.com/2016/02/15/son-of-a-pitch-blog-entry/

      Want to make sure you get your fair share of edits, especially since you helped me with mine! :)

      Delete
  9. I am looking forward to receiving feedback on my #SonofaPitch entry. Best of luck to all participants! Please review my entry for romance Martin's Wings at http://natmumpower.com/2016/02/15/sonofapitch-martins-wings-query-1st-250/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello all. Here is my entry for Peer Critique. Thank you in advance. I look forward to reading through your entries as well and leaving feedback. :)
    http://isabellehardesty.com/2016/02/15/query-for-the-witch-of-belle-fleur/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. Hey, Isabelle! Your link isn't working. Please update.

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello all! Here is the link to my YA contemporary entry, Lost in Transition. Best of luck to everyone and I greatly appreciate any feedback! Happy Monday!

    https://ironiesandphilosophies.wordpress.com/2016/02/15/sonofapitch-entry-lost-in-transition/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's the link to my YA fantasy, Spiritwood. Good luck, everyone!

    http://jacquelinedooley.com/sonofapitch-spiritwood/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline! I'm trying to put a comment on your entry. I really love it! But, your page is telling me I have to be logged on to comment. Is this a setting you can adjust so we can respond without logging on?

      Delete
    2. Hi Melissa - thanks so much for letting me know. I just adjusted the settings, so it should work now. I left you some long-winded feedback here, by the way and the moderators removed it (I just realized I'm supposed to comment on your blog, not here). I'll try to recreate it...

      Delete
  14. Hey everyone, here is the link to my YA Urban Fantasy.

    http://www.exballerina.com/2016/02/son-of-pitch-critique-round.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  15. Hello everyone! Here is the link to my YA/NA Fantasy, "Caster's Flame". https://mstokerbooks.wordpress.com/2016/02/05/son-of-a-pitch-entry/
    Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  16. I hope you enjoy Forbidden's entry at: https://featherstoneauthor.wordpress.com/2016/02/15/son-of-a-pitch-forbidden/
    Good luck to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi everyone, Here's the link to my NA/A MR ConRom A TOUCH OF HEAVEN https://drlizblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/15/sonofapich-query/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heya everyone, great to see so many other writers here!

    My Adult SF Thriller, The Proxy Initiative, is about a young man who can't stop dying.

    http://brassbolts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's nice to see everyone! Here is my YA LGBT Sci-Fi entry, STATUS: POSITIVE. I'll be critiquing shortly!

    http://dillwerner.blogspot.com/2016/02/sonofapitch-status-positive.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great contest idea. I'll be leaving feedback on as many as I can. Looking forward to reading comments and critiques of my YA Sci-fi/Romance.

    https://rmlambie.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  22. Hi everybody, I'm new to this so hope I'm doing it right. Here's the link to Standing The Final Watch, first 250. Will review as many as I can.

    http://williamalanwebb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Here is the link to my YA Urban Fantasy. Thanks for your feedback!
    http://tracyauerbach.com/2016/02/16/son-of-a-pitch-entry/ ‎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tracey, your link doesn't work. Please update.

      Delete
  25. Hi folks! Here is a link to my YA Fantasy called The Collective! Any and all feedback are greatly appreciated! Thank you!

    https://drfsrandomthoughts.wordpress.com/2016/02/15/son-of-a-pitch-entry/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Here's a link! http://petrepan.blogspot.com/2016/02/sonofapitch-neodymium-exodus-query-for.html
    I'm confused--are we also supposed to submit to the e-mail address?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not until Friday. This week is for feedback in preparation for the main event.

      Delete
  27. Here's a link to my women's fiction/new adult contemporary pitch - thank you for reading: https://rachelwritessite.wordpress.com/2016/02/16/sonofapitch-entry-and-i-remembered/

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi there.here's the link to my YA contemporary

    authorparkerdavis.blogspot.in/2016/02/hello-there-guys.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello guys! Here's the link to my NA Science Fiction entry:

    http://fivehundredperday.blogspot.com/2016/02/sonofapitch-traditor_16.html

    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Everyone! Here's the link to my Historical Fiction entry.
    Good Luck to All!

    http://janmrk.blogspot.com/2016/02/son-of-pitch-entry-skipping-stones-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. Late to the party, but here's the link to my Science Fiction novel Buried: http://littlerdog.livejournal.com/2232.html

    Thanks for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Also late! I have a historical mystery looking for feedback. Thanks.
    http://monissa.com/journal/?p=671

    ReplyDelete
  34. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete